1. Attention ForgeHub! For those who are submitting their maps for the 1v1 Forge Contest, the 2 week grace period was replaced with a hard submission date by October 16th at 11:59 PM PST. Any submissions that are submitted after the deadline will not be considered eligible. Have any questions regarding this, please discuss here https://www.forgehub.com/threads/1v1-forge-contest-discussion.156679/ . Good luck and Forge on! -Nitro
    Dismiss Notice

ForgeHub - Staff Recruitment

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nitro, Aug 31, 2017.

By Nitro on Aug 31, 2017 at 9:02 PM
  1. Nitro

Nitro Guilty Spark
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic

forgehub_staff_banner.jpg

Good Morning ForgeHub! I have some exciting information that I need to share with you all, but I first want to thank my fellow ForgeHub staff members for doing an amazing job with their work here at ForgeHub. I've been on the team for more than a year now and it has been a pleasure working with all of you. Now, now - don't get too excited, I am not going anywhere. We do however have several opportunities that have opened up on the ForgeHub team and I wanted to share the details with you all.

Community Coordinator

We're looking for someone who's equally enthusuastic about forge and Halo to fill this position. We know there is someone out there who is itching to fill this role that is ready to energize the forge community on the site and social media outlets.

• Must be 18 years or older​
    • Must possess a Discord account​
    • Have a positive and energetic attitude​
    • Ability to interact with the Forge community on social media​
    • Willingness to support community events​
    Please send a message to @Nitro - @SIR IRON WOLF - @WARHOLIC about your interest with this position.

Writer

Our Writing team has done a fantastic job during Halo 5, but we're looking to expand our team with someone who wants to fill ForgeHub with awesome forge features. If you have a special knack for writing and know what to look for in a feature, then make sure to let us know!

We are no longer looking for this position. Thank you for your interest.

Graphic Designer

The Art team has taken ForgeHub's site and articles to the next level. If you're impressed as much as I am with the team and feel like you can contribute, make sure to send us those awesome images.

• Ability to support ForgeHub's writers and video editors with the articles and features​
    You must have skills with Photoshop or any other tools that may support your artwork. Also include a sample of your artwork for us to review.​

Please send a message to @Unfound - @Nitro about your interest in this position.

Video Editor

We're looking to ramp our video production team, going into 2018. So if you have a passion for creating something special that can be articulated in video form and would love to take forge features to the next level, SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!

• Ability to support ForgeHub features and articles with video media​

You must have an eye for good angles and a steady hand/instinct for editing. Applicants should have a capture card for high quality video (elgato or equivalent), as well as video editing software (Sony Vegas/Adobe AfterEffects). Also include a sample of your creations for us to review.​

Please send a message to @BaconMedia - @Sikamikanico - @Nitro

Stream Team - *NEW*

Streaming video games has been around for a while now, but this position is still in discussion within team and we're throwing it out there to see if anyone shows any interest. Check out the details to see if this is something you're interested in.

• Must be able to represent ForgeHub and the Halo community in a professional and fun manner​

Those who are truly interested or want to help launch this team, invite us to your stream or send us a VoD for us to review.​

Please send a message to @Sikamikanico - @Nitro - @Ascend Hyperion - @WARHOLIC

We're in need of another guardian out there. If you think you have what it takes, let us know.

• Ability to interact with the ForgeHub community​
    • Help promote a positive and healthy site​

Please send a message to @Nitro - @SIR IRON WOLF - @WARHOLIC - @Qrrbrbirbel about your interest with this position.

#1 Nitro, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nitro, Aug 31, 2017.

1. AlexVan123
      AlexVan123
      I approve the Rick and Morty reference.
      BaconMedia, ACTIVATE HALO and Nitro like this.
    2. Nitro
      Nitro
      Awesome that someone actually saw that reference! :)
    3. CT X8
      CT X8
      Damn the reference, buuuuutttt
      I'd like to apply for a position, yeah my boiiiis.

I'd send u collection of my work but I'm restricted, I don't have my computer atm
      brusky0086 and Nitro like this.
    4. MULLERTJE
    5. Dunco
      Dunco
      My rates went up. They can't afford me.
    6. Max Extra
      Max Extra
      a stream team?
      Sikamikanico and Nitro like this.
    7. Nitro
      Nitro
      Yea, looking to see if we can start something new on the ForgeHub team by having a team of streamers who represent ForgeHub. It's something that I wanted to see come out of ForgeHub, by having a dedicated group of having a set schedule of streams that revolve around forging, testing, playing, etc. I know we have a few regular streamers out there in our community and would hope this would interest them some.

But the idea isn't finalized and I hope we do have people who are interested in seeing daily and weekly events.
      eLantern and CT X8 like this.
    8. Ryouji Gunblade
      Ryouji Gunblade
      I consider myself more like tech support though. Sometimes I'm an editor when Ascend misspells things. lol

[​IMG]
      Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    9. Max Extra
      Max Extra
      I understand not finalized, but would Streamers for the team be required to do anything extra in order to represent?
      Ryouji Gunblade likes this.
    10. Xandrith
      Xandrith
      can I own the website I have money
    11. Nitro
      Nitro
      That's something that I haven't fully worked out and would discuss with those who were interested. Like I know you have your own streams that you do, but I would say if there was a day(s) that interests you that you want to dedicate directly as a representative of ForgeHub, then that's what we're looking for.
      CT X8 likes this.
    12. CaptainDireWolf
      CaptainDireWolf
      So I enjoy writing (technical documents and fun fiction), but what kind of stuff would we be writing about? Like the weekly news letters? Also, what are the responsibilities of a moderator, save for booting the occasional dusche bag? :p I honestly visit this site and Reddit every day haha.
      eLantern, Nitro and Ryouji Gunblade like this.
    13. Nitro
      Nitro
      When it comes to the writing piece, it's essentially that. But you can make it more than what it is currently. If there some grand wizardly writing idea that you would like to accomplish, by all means we want you to explore it. As long as it's about Halo and Forge of course ;)

As for a moderator, I'll be honest, the mod position can have it's ups and down moments. Depending on the type of person you are, it can be miserable or it can be a fun one. @Qrrbrbirbel has fun with it I know, again it depends on the person.

But hey, if you're serious about these positions, send those who are attached in the 'Apply Now' spoiler tags and lets move this conversation forward.
      CaptainDireWolf likes this.
    14. KeeLoker
      KeeLoker
      1 year off... :(
      GrayishPoppy210 likes this.
    15. GrayishPoppy210
      GrayishPoppy210
      2 years off... :(
    16. ACTIVATE HALO
      ACTIVATE HALO
      Dammit, I'm 18 in under a month!

The forge God's have Banished me...
    17. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      Apply anyway. There's literally no downside to it, aside from the fact that it may take you a little bit of time to put together the application. If you're clearly worthy of the job, I'm sure your age won't be a problem.
      The Omicron and ACTIVATE HALO like this.
    18. ACTIVATE HALO
      ACTIVATE HALO
      Thanks Chuck
    19. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      You're welcome ACTVATE HLO